Trade License BD
Trade licenses were introduced in Bangladesh through the City Corporation [Tax] Rules, 2009. These licenses are issued on the basis of the application of the entrepreneurs. The City Corporation or City Council conducts this process. Trade licenses are specifically issued in the name of the licensee only and are not transferable in any way. This license may not be used for any purpose other than business purposes. The renewed trade license is issued by the officer in charge of the Regional Tax Office. The prescribed fee for a trade license has to be submitted through any bank mentioned in the license form.
Documents required for trade license:
General business license
- Attested photocopy of the lease agreement, utility bill in case of own shop and photocopy of updated holding taxpayers
- 3 passport size photos of the applicant.
- If the business is run jointly, then the non-judicial stamp of Tk. 150/300 has to be submitted to the PartnerShip.
Factory/factories in the case of a trade license
- Copy of environmental clearance.
- Design / location map with details of proposed factory / factory surroundings / installation.
- No objection letter from the owner of the proposed factory/factory side location/installation.
- Fire service clearance.
- Rules of Dhaka City Corporation – Pledge to abide by the law is signed on the stamp of 150/300 taka.
List of Documents required for obtaining a trade license (vary business to business)
An applicant needs the following documents:
- Copy of National ID card (NID) of the entrepreneur
- Three (3) Passport size Photograph
- Copy of Passport (in case of Foreigner)
- Necessary Information to fill up the Form
- Holding Tax payment receipt
- Recent receipt (papers) or ownership proof
- 3 copies passport size photos of the business holder (attested)
- A non-judicial stamp of Tk. 150/- for abiding rules of city Corporation
- Memorandum & Articles of Association (for Limited Company)
- Agreement of partnership (If he/she has a partner)
- TIN Certificate of Individual and entity
- Certificate of Incorporation (For Limited Company)
- Statement of Bank Solvency (Full Clearance)
- Work Permit from Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)
- License from Fire service & Civil Defence (Applicable for Industry)
License renewal is a regular process. A license is valid for one year and must be applied for within three months of its expiration. For this, you have to contact the regional office in charge of the previous trade license. The Regional Tax Officer in charge will issue the renewed license. The license renewal fee is equal to the new license fee. This fee has to be deposited in the bank mentioned in the form as before.
How much money and how long does it take?
License fees may vary depending on the type of business. This fee has to be submitted through receipts to the concerned office. License fees can range from a minimum of tk. 200 to a maximum of tk. 26,000. It can take three to seven days to get a license.
Providing false or incomplete information may result in cancel of the license. if it does not comply with the terms and conditions of the license and the rules and regulations of the City Corporation. In addition, legal action may be taken against the license holder. However, before taking any action, the recipient should be given an opportunity to show cause.
How to do e-trade license online?
You can now apply for a trade license online. To apply, go to the official registration site and fill out the form.
Enter the URL or click the link- (http://www.etradelicense.gov.bd).
- write your Mobile or / E-mail / User ID in English.
- Enter the password in English.
- The mobile and email verification code will be sent if you clicঅফk the button the login.
- Enter the login verification code and click
- From here, you can learn the basics of the software at a glance.
- Please see the chart directly above the software dashboard, from which anyone can do the work.
step by step video for e-trade license, follow and get your trade license today-